WOW 0.91% $34.30 woolworths group limited

Sack the CEO!, page-161

1. 2,287 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 561
    I specifically pick my defensive equities because there's an increasing trend of good businesses exposing themselves to un-needed risk. For WOW as an example, it is a consumer focused business so it needs to be very careful not to piss off any segment of the public. It's customers are the entire Australian public.

It's unfairly blasted for "price gouging" when in reality everyone knows the reckless government spending across the world is why everything's inflated...but it should have the tact to realize the public is angry and looking for a scapegoat. It's almost like it wants to become one.

I currently prefer overseas equities or non consumer focused defensives for this reason. Happy to elaborate more if anyone's interested in a discussion on defensive equities. I personally like keeping a portion of my wealth in defensives while I wait for speculative opportunities. I can then rotate the money between the defensives themselves as they fluctuate and easily keep ahead of inflation.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WOW (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.