WOW 0.38% $34.17 woolworths group limited

Sack the CEO!, page-170

1. 5 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Not a holder. I'm going to put my two cents in.

Woolworths, Coles, Apple, Amazon and other large corporations only care about one thing. Profit. Is that a bad thing? No. Businesses need to be generating positive cashflow to pay down debts, research and development, the list goes on. Companies spend millions on marketing, because simply put, it works. However there is a catch. That catch is that marketing needs to be relevant to the products your selling.

The problem is marketing a divisive hot-topic and appealing to a specific audience that is outside your brand. And this is where multiple companies have been undone by this simple fact. Politics + Emotion = Consumer Action.

The issues that I also have with bigger companies is the doublethink that's being implemented by these companies. Increasing prices while virtue signaling that your a consumer-facing company is plainly just stupid. And customers aren't idiots. Not stocking Australia day supplies while promoting a Luner new year doesn't pass the pub test. Most of that is just cheap Chinese s**t that sits in a warehouse costing very little and would be brought out every year.

If Woolworths and Coles are found to be implicitly performed price matching, I will voice my support with the Greens and suggest to break up the duopoly. That's the strongest message that the government can send. I don't vote for the greens, but enough is enough.

Last edited by ICantItsAGeo: 20/02/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WOW (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$34.17
Change
-0.130(0.38%)
Mkt cap ! $41.74B
Open High Low Value Volume
$34.33 $34.69 $34.07 $77.40M 2.258M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 2923 $34.17

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$34.19 4889 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WOW (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.