WOW 0.35% $31.13 woolworths group limited

Sack the CEO!, page-79

1. 1,963 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 400
    Well to be honest I doubt most people would have cared. I don't even think bogans would have gotten outraged if woolies decided to stop stocking the flags. It's the media campaign making a big deal out of what should be a normal capitalist choice (they are a company after all) that started all of this. Bogans are generally pro-capitalist and all for businesses making their own choices. Just as they are free to not shop there.

I understand all sides of politics have now gotten involved and have made this a much bigger thing, but this all started because woolies thought this was a good idea to publicize proudly instead of just doing it (as an economical choice).

My view on it is that companies should make money and starting drama with potential customers is not good business. I'm pretty politically impartial and have no personal issue with them not selling flags. I approach this from a capitalist perspective where I am baffled trying to understand this through a business lens.

If this thread is anything to go by, it seems most of the people who are proud and love Australia day don't actually mind them not selling the merch. I've read their responses and they seem more upset by the media campaign coming across as insulting. If that is the case, then they have lost customers for very little gain. I guess time will tell and we'll see in the quarterlies if this was a good idea or a bad idea.

People can argue all day long about the morality of each side, but that's just a distraction from the only question that matters.
    Is woolies trying to make the most profit for it's shareholders?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WOW (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$31.13
Change
0.110(0.35%)
Mkt cap ! $38.02B
Open High Low Value Volume
$31.00 $31.13 $30.80 $70.75M 2.277M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1060 $31.04

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$31.13 5279 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 14/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$31.10
  Change
0.110 ( 0.18 %)
Open High Low Volume
$30.96 $31.11 $30.80 204202
Last updated 15.59pm 14/05/2024 ?
WOW (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.