re:lrjones saddam stored weapons under mosques Hi Llew,"The only...

1. 29,310 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 80
    re:lrjones saddam stored weapons under mosques Hi Llew,

"The only legitimate reason for this war is and should always have been the liberation of a trampled and suffering people."

Agree with you entirely on that one,lrj.
    But is it happening? We agreed previously that there is a mixed Iraqi reaction. A lot dont want to be liberated, especially not to be killed to be liberated.

I, too, am a grandfather, and probably in the death-throes of male-menopause. It's a curse to be getting old..(LOL).
    I agree I would rather see any family member killed instantly than being tortured or suffering an agonising death.

There are a lot of peoples in the world needing liberation more than the Iraqis- Congo, Zimbabwe, Nigeria, INDONESIA ( Aceh massacres are being /have been overlooked), and so on.
    Why start with Iraq?
    Could it be because the others have no oil of any interest?
    Timor was liberated, and Timor had oil!
    Aceh was subject to massacres by Indonesian troops for the last 14 years that I know of. Yet I have not heard ONE WORD in protest from Australia or the US.
    Why? Aceh HAS oil, but is controlled by Mobil US, and it is the dissident locals protesting against Mobil who are shot, with their bodies left lining roads as a deterrent to others.
    These things hardly ever get a mention in our media.
    I used to read about it in the Jakarta Post when I worked up there.
    So, Llew, everything comes back to agenda, and the driving principles in all conflicts appear to be OIL, Dollars, Control & Power, and NOT Humanitarian issues.

Cheers
    GZ

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.