Some media do have a left or right leaning basis (CNN / FOX) but...

1. 2,893 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 11

Some media do have a left or right leaning basis (CNN / FOX) but most are close to moderate as they need to pander to the middle of the road. If you sample 5-6 organisations and think they are all left leaning then it's time to re- evaluate your biases as would appear you are not as moderate as you think.

I do blame mainstream media to an extent in that it wasn't until Trumps litany of lies claiming voter fraud that they actually cut him off and called him out as a liar. The only reason they did that was Trump was inciting his base and there was a real chance that systematic violence would be the result. ( There is a school of thought that - this was what he had planned as a fail safe so he could declare emergency powers and void the election )

My problem is the media allowed Trump to lie; abuse ; cheat and destroy all the norms of a sitting President without actually calling him out vigorously for 4 years. ( there were some tentative half calls at times when Trump pushed into a new low) In that respect the 4th estate failed the country badly and is as guilty as the senate and house for not demanding at least a minimum level of decency.

I'm not sorry that Trump is gone but the underlying problems he was able to manipulate into unquestioning cult like support are still there and not likely to be addressed by either side of politics. Even if Biden can get some sanity and reconciliation happening over the next 4 years I don't think he will be able to bring it back enough.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.