LTR 1.06% 93.5¢ liontown resources limited

Guys I believe the parts on the truck are pieces of the outer...

1. 5,933 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 20001
    Guys I believe the parts on the truck are pieces of the outer shell of SAG mill. The SAG mill is a huge machine and comes all in parts. It will be assembled on the site.

I highly recommend you to watch the video below.
    You will watch another huge SAG mill (10m radius) from transportation to its installation on site for a gold mine in Greece.

That SAG mill also made by Outotec (now merged with Metso) which is the company who made LTR's SAG mill too.

Another interesting point, Metso-Outotec is so busy now, a lead time for a SAG mill is 2.5 years from order time. So if any mining company orders it now, it will be delivered at the end of 2025. wink.png.

Just a quick technical info (good to know);

The grinding mills are classified in two class;
    1) Ball mills
    2) SAG mills.

Majority of the mills used in mines are ball mills. There are steel balls in it. They hit the rock and crush them while the mill turns. This is not a good operation for lithium processing because the iron from the steel balls are being introduced to the ore (on top of the iron in the ore, think about Pilbara lithium producers! PLS's projects and ALB/MIN's Wodgina) because the balls wear out while hitting the rocks.

In a SAG mill there are no balls. The rocks itself raising on the walls of SAG mill when it turns and falling by the gravity and breaks down. (You will see that on the video below)

Why all mines don't use SAG mill?
    No they can't use it unless they have a suitable ore type which has to be brittle. That's the magic of LTR's ore type at KV.

No other lithium mine uses SAG mill in Australia as far as I know.

Anyway, let's watch the video and see what we are dealing with!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LTR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
93.5¢
Change
-0.010(1.06%)
Mkt cap ! $2.255B
Open High Low Value Volume
92.0¢ 95.5¢ 91.0¢ $6.692M 7.209M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
20 194157 93.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
93.5¢ 151286 51
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.43pm 10/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LTR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.