AKE 0.00% $9.83 allkem limited

Post adjusted and reposted below due to modding for "profanity"...

1. 13,912 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8475
    Post adjusted and reposted below due to modding for "profanity" (although I just used some symbols so not sure what that was all about...?)

Not much more to add really, just that if you have genuine questions about the progress of one of our operations, the answers are in company announcements. If you'd like to make some point about progress, or genuinely discuss how or why there may be issues/delays/etc, then don't try to disguise that with rhetoric in pointless new threads designed to have a dig at the company.

For those that actually care, AFAIK, we are waiting on approvals to commence construction. One of my other main holdings, with an operation only 100km north of SDV, is also waiting for approvals for an expansion phase, which has also taken longer than anticipated. Is it frustrating? Sure. People are more than welcome to believe that something more sinister is behind the delays in approvals, but unless you have robust evidence to support such ideas, then it's nothing more than guesswork. I don't invest using guesswork. Good luck.
    BTW, the latest guidance, iirc, was:
    "Environmental approvals expected by year end with pond construction to follow shortly thereafter".
    Prior to that, this estimate was provided:
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/3978/3978632-01b027eba2cd4494d65ec0e90966c381.jpg
    Sure, it seems the approval delays will push this timeline out by about 6 months. Maybe 9..?
    That would see commissioning around mid next year, instead of later this year. Big deal.
    As the company has noted and findinggems has shown us, construction of the Stage 1 wellfield has progressed, pond liners are on site, etc.
    We await govt approvals. So what?
    Does anyone think that the company hasn't noted that there are inherent risks that must be considered?
    Of course it has. Read Section 9 of the Scheme Booklet issued in July 2021, for example. There is a comprehensive section covering this topic, including one specifically about development risk.
    Imo people who think that schedules and budgets in mining always go to plan, or even come close, don't have much experience in mining!?
    Imo, if S1 can get into production next year.... GREAT!
    Perspective and patience required imo.

GLTAGenuineLTH

Prior post:
    ----

Oh dear, what a clownshow!

Sadie (the cleaning lady), we have been through this back-and-forth before...

Had you waited just another few months, your profits here would have been 200 or 300% higher ...? e.g. $1 per share profit could have been $4 per share profit...? Ouch.
    After ALL that time here, you pulled the pin a few months too early.
    That must've been painful. Sorry for your loss.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/3975/3975388-7f98418afa97c6c2bd5ac6357e218cec.jpg

On the other matter, that I have clarified on multiple occasions already, you still seem to think that I am somehow connected to GXY. I have stated very clearly that I have no connection whatsoever to GXY, other than being a shareholder since 2009, and have no connection whatsoever, AFAIK, to anyone who ever worked for GXY.
    I'm happy to put $1M down that says you can't prove otherwise. Are you willing to back your accusation? Of course you're not, because why would I risk $1M if you were correct..? Your emotions let guesswork morph into repeated thinly-veiled claims. TALK IS CHEAP.
    You certainly have a wild imagination, and IIRC were head cheerleader against me for "defending the company" when I was merely noting that none of us had ANY knowledge of which directors voted for what, and that it made no sense to target one of them, assuming he was "in charge" of decisions. That's not how it works. Spend some time in a boardroom. IIRC you started rallying the troops and calling for the voting witch hunt then slipped away when others took over the reigns. What a circus.

On your "question" about SDV.... I can't tell you any more than the company has. I have no other significant source of information about the project or guidance on its development. However, apparently you do? Are you claiming it will never happen due to topography and flooding? Big call. Back it up. When did it last flood there badly enough to destroy the planned infrastructure; is there no way to manage this; etc. etc..? TALK IS CHEAP.

Btw, as far as my foresight is concerned, it seems that everything is indeed panning out nicely. Like @Subs used to say to asb83, "the game is not over yet". I have maintained consistent belief and conviction in the transformational growth of the Li/EV/battery sectors, and the gradual success of companies like GXY/ORE/AKE. It IS happening. Timing is never perfect and I have freely admitted being way too early back in 2009.
    I'm not complaining though when I look at my portfolio. AKE, AGY, GLN, LYC, etc absolutely killing it.

You made some money on PLS? Good for you. So did I and many others here.

AKE $15 later this year and $20 by 2024 is my current expectation.
    Time will tell. We're making money, stop complaining.

----

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.