AJL 0.00% 0.8¢ aj lucas group limited

sale of 25% interest in bowland prospect, page-35

1. 1,113 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 150
    Re index rebalance: striebs, the potential for an index rebalance is a good point. However, it depends how s&p consider the level of freefloat in the stock, given that the majority will be held by large illiquid holders (kero, belbay, management) and that current liquidity is also quite low. Fund managers try and pre-empt index changes, so if it is going to get included you might see it rocket up before its official inclusion - I do hope that is the case, but my guess is it doesn't get included.

Even if it is included, I'd say the investment case is at the more complex end of the scale for most fundies to get their head around and be comfortable with. Even at the level of which analyst has the dreaded task of covering it, the engineering contractors or the oil&gas analyst? S&p probably face the same catergorisation issue. There will be incrementally more insto interest, but not broad based coverage just yet IMO.

As for all our views on ajl, we are all long the stock, but there is no need to pat each others backs and think we are out of woods. I think most of us agree the recent announcement is net positive, and so too should prospective management change, operational profitability etc. but there is still plenty of room for hiccups and being starry eyed is not warranted just yet.. I highly value the different views on this forum, and the quality of posters that have frequented this thread over the years is excellent. Keep up the good debate all!!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AJL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.8¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $11.00M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 450104 0.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.9¢ 1938013 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 11/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AJL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.