TAP 0.00% 7.8¢ tap oil limited

Hi Guys, I'll respectfully disagree. A huge part of running a...

1. 312 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 42
    Hi Guys, I'll respectfully disagree. A huge part of running a successful business is being able to keep costs in check. Half a million dollars salary plus performance shares etc, whilst not a lot in the world of high paid exec's, is still a substantial salary in the average mans world and as such we (the shareholders) should expect performance and accountability. It simply not enough to say 'hey I'll forego my performance shares (and keep my half a million salary) for a job poorly done. That's not accountability. And I'm not referring to the poor performance of the drill bit, we must accept that's the nature of the beast with oil and gas exploration, I'm referring to the fact that the company has historically (and has continued to under Troy's leadership) 'blow' a huge chunk of its revenues on excessive administration costs, its no secret, refer to page 10 of the last annual report, admin costs $6.7 M up from $5.5 M last year. For a company the size of TAP, this is quite frankly, ludicrous. The fact that he has great past credentials means nothing if he can't 'manage'.
    Anyways, I hope he comes good and manages the revenues from Manora a bit better than he's managing the revenues from the third party gas sales for all our sakes.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TAP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.