TAP 0.00% 7.8¢ tap oil limited

sale of zola/bianchi prospects., page-197

1. 6,536 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1964
    "And as much as I think the board has done a reasonable job, todays stock price doesnt back it up. Either they get taken out or they fall on the sword."

So rather than back your judgement that "the board has done a reasonable job", and give them the time to let their strategy play out, you'd dump management based on the share price?

I think it's the focus on the short term share price that often pushes management of a lot of companies to do stupid things.

There's tons of companies that have had crap management and had the SP go through the roof, and you watch so many investors slap themselves on the back, thinking its a great investment, right up to the point where the tide comes out and they're left naked.

I'm sure a lot of investors thought management at Lehman Brothers were doing a fantastic job as the SP went up, right up to the point where they basically lost the lot.

My main point is that the short time movements in the SP is often not a good indictor of management performance.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TAP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.