NEA 0.00% $2.10 nearmap ltd

Sales and pricing tactics

1. 4,251 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 684
    Hey all, this week I contacted nearmap via their website and asked for some info on subscription options and prices. A few interesting insights/observations:

*Rather than emailing me as requested, they called.
    *I wasn't near my phone at the time, so they left a message.
    *Two days later, they called me again and I talked to them about the products.
    *The overall pitch etc was pretty good, and they handled my questions professionally.
    *However, they didn't even offer a demo before trying to sign me up for a $3k annual subscription.
    *I asked for a demo, and they gladly provided a demo login. They also offered a sweetener of a 20% discount.
    *I've tried the product, and it seemed good. However, for me personally, it wasn't anywhere near good enough to justify the cost compared to using google earth for free.
    *I told the company that when they emailed asking how the demo went, and i told them I couldn't justify the price etc
    *So, they slashed the price in half again.
    *That's some pretty serious discounting, but a savvy way to extract the maximum sub from each customer.
    *Overall, I love this company and its products, and their marketing seems pretty slick too.
    *Even though the product wasn't worth it for me, I see a MASSIVE future for nearmap.

Buckle up all!

p.s. this post isn't intended to denigrate nearmap, just to share intel on their sales practices etc.

Cheers
    Fraser
    Last edited by FraserJC: 27/06/19

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NEA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.