BTA 0.00% 57.0¢ biota holdings limited

I am not sure why all you guys buy the spiel from the pumpers...

1. EdH
    120 Posts.
    I am not sure why all you guys buy the spiel from the pumpers that "Relenza is superior to Tamiflu".

You are comparing apples with oranges.

Tamiflu is a tablet. Anyone can swallow it. Relenza is a puffer. If you have asthma its a non-starter as it worsens and precipitates Asthma. This is why GSK never plugged it and why the the case against GSK was a non-starter despite the lies told by Cook and the board to get the share price up and fund the placement.

The only people in the world who use Tamiflu as a preventative are the mad Japs who are paranoid about colds. Witness the face masks. And they hate puffers.

The only real place for Tamiflu and Relenza are as doomsday drugs for when birdflu mutates to allow person to person spread. Whether this happens next year or in next geological epoch no-one knows . However we all know that the residual patent period for Relanza and Tamiflu are measured in months : not decades and without a patent 30 year old Biota is worth only as much as its pipeline. And what is the use of LANI when the Indians could make a generic Relanza for a few cents. LAni is not touted as "superior to Relanza nor more efficacious" Merely longer acting.

And no-one has the faintest if Relenza or Tamiflu will ever work in a real world situation against the yet non-existant uber-virus.

All this is a bit of a scam.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BTA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.