GDN 0.00% 1.7¢ golden state resources limited

salt rivers and theories...

1. 15,276 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 45
    For those interested, here is an interesting link on Modern Salt Techtonics, which will give you an overview of what I am about to talk about…

http://www.pttc.org/solutions/406.pdf

In geological terms, salt under pressure becomes unstable, as such we can almost imagine salt migration as not unlike an underground river flow, where the salt (now effectively a slow-motion liquid due to the extreme pressures from above and heat from below), looks for the course of least resistance, be it to squeeze out in any direction due to the high pressures…or simply downwards due to gravity.

In the attached image, I have outlined my theory on the likely impact of the unexpected salt layer discovered while drilling, it’s implications for the top of the fault trap at the Alkali Gulch level…and potential implications for everything below it, including the Pinkerton Trail high pressured zone and indeed anything else they should hit further down.

Interestingly, if I am right, any geologically recent rupturing of the fault would have been pretty quickly plugged at the top by the salt flow, suggesting that while previous seismic activity may have resulted in gas escape via the fault to the upper levels (prior to salt emplacement), in more recent history, any such rupturing would not have resulted in loss of hydrocarbons. It is also possible that after a significant period and build-up of pressure, we effectively saw a lateral diapir break through the vertical fault, which then flowed into a narrow porous host and across the top of the Pinkerton Trail formation to form the wide salt margin they have drilled, before bulging up and thickening under pressure, ultimately accentuating the Paradox Formation inverted dome trap higher up?

For interest, I have also suggested potential intersection depths for likely pay zones…perhaps interestingly, the recent “gas show” as announced today appears to line up exactly with the unnamed Leadville “squiggly red line” I mentione over the weekend. I have taken the liberty to name it the “D-Day” formation…lol

Finally, I have also outlined my main zone of interest at these depths, which is actually at the base of the Mississippian formation, picking up likely pay zones for Leadville, McCracken and Lynch within a relatively short distance…as well as several other secondary targets.

Lets see what happens when they get there?

Still plenty of life left in this well in my view…lol…then we have the flow testing.

Cheers!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GDN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.