GDN 0.00% 1.7¢ golden state resources limited

salt rivers and theories..., page-20

1. 15,276 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 45
    stockrock...

What I have seen at Lisbon is that pay zones relate more to porosities rather than location...as soon as they hit decent host in Leadville, they seem to get productive zones.

I am not sure whether the twin zones can be expected to replicate at Golden Eagle...but as you have noticed, they do seem to be correlated with our seismic interps.

By the way, I have seen dry holes at Lisbon and holes with 5 or more pay zones...so clearly even fully charged formations can experience varying degress of commeciality.

Lisbon pay zones average 6-8% porosity, but range from 2% to about 22%, with production capacities obviously impacted by more than host rock specifics.

I have noticed most holes at Lisbon are fracced, so clearly porosity is not always good enough for commerncial flows...or at least, capable of improvement.

The fractured carbonates, or indeed any naturally fractured zone can be a real bonus, even in relatively tight or non-porous host. This is one of the reasons I am looking forward to the potential of the McCracken sandstones...which at these depths would be under significant pressure and potentially tight, but might still provide naturally fractured zones.

From what I understand, Oil will typically not form (or stay oil), at significant depths (apparently)...it is interesting to note then that the Lisbon Leadville is some 10,000ft shallower than at Golden Eagle, which might be why they get oil and we get gas.

However...oils is not impossible at Golden Eagle, as the Leadville formations were formed in the right time-window for oil to have been emplaced prior to them reaching this depth (as clearly shown at Lisbon)...so as long as they were effectively sealed off prior to ending up so deap, there is every chance the oil still exists...so even under such high strata pressures, would maintain fluid space (porosity) within the sandstone, or indeed Limestone host.

If so, the several kilometers of earth above can be expected to act like a huge press, effectively squeezing the oil out of the rocks as if it were a sponge.

Such high-pressured zones were typical of the old Texus gushers...how good would it be too see this here?

lol...amatuer hour here for me...probably just embarrassing myself in front of the real industry people, but one can only learn from such musings.

Cheers!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GDN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.