GDN 0.00% 1.7¢ golden state resources limited

collo...No idea, but I guess they are averaging about 50m per...

1. 15,276 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 45
    collo...

No idea, but I guess they are averaging about 50m per day.

You need to remember though, my "guesstimated" depths are based on a wider formation at this level than represented by the seismic.

I put this down to the interference to the amplitude response due to the salt dome, which I have interpolated to the recorded intersections of the formations they have already encountered.

In effect, I have multiplied the error down to a new depth measure...I may be completely wrong in my assumptions?

It was pleasing however to see the reported gas shows did appear to correlate with my revised depth analysis.

I am sure they have re-calculated the depths themselves however, so might be having a bit of a chuckle at my little effort.

We are currently at 4,870m deep, but I notice GDN are still suggesting total depth will be at 4,967m...perhaps a little odd given where they appear to be relative to the current formation sequence and the previously suggested distance between formation targets?

Even the results table in today's announcement suggests the final target "Lynch dolomite" is expected at 4,999m, some 32m below suggested total depth?

Then what about the formations below that?

From the pre-drill prognosis...

Mississippian
    Leadville Limestone (top at ± 4,050 metres)
    *McCracken Sandstone
    Cambrian
    *Lynch Dolomite (top at ± 4,390 metres)
    Muav Limestone
    Bright Angel Shale

* denotes major target.

Again, even from the pre-drill prospectus notes, Leadville was not even recommended as a pre-drill major target?

I sense a little confusion has developed since the initial prognosis...understandable given this is a wilcat well in a relatively undrilled location. Explains the possilbe "suck it and see" program of sorts at the moment?

Cheers!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GDN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.