GDN 0.00% 1.7¢ golden state resources limited

salt rivers and theories..., page-5

1. 15,276 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 45
    2old2slow2...

You saw the reaction from the market today...they simply don't know what to do with real information...lol

Best limit the little we do share?

On another issue, I actually suspect management truly thought the price would rise on the back of today's announcement...the 5 minutes of trading prior to the halt looked for all the world like a "mates window" to let a few in prior. Certainly the buying right from the open, in contrast to what may have been expected this morning, was something of a clue to their views on the state of the post announcment play.

In my view, the subsequent sell-down was more of a "market thing" in my view...perhaps initially triggered from disappointment of nothing spectacular being hit over the weekend, but then an opportunity seized on by larger traders to knock it down and create some volatility.

There is no doubt in my mind this was an unexpected windfall for some sections of the market today, who really did milk it for all it's worth.

The key to the underlying story are the intra-day trading patterns and lack of real selling towards the close from the larger (earlier), buyers...which you would normally expect to bail prior to the close if the days was no more than a "volatility trade".

We saw significant accumulation here today...no doubt about it...and a perfect cleansing of many of the ultra-temporary types from the free-float.

A trading halt and gap-up from current levels, be it tomorrow or Thursday morning would be the prefect lock-out scenario now, forcing all the dweeb shadow-jumpers to buy back in significantly higher, further diminishing their influence on the stock due to less shares held for the same basic investment.

All good if you have the balls for it.

Cheers!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GDN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.