Same Sex Marriage Plebiscite - Non Binding??, page-427

1. 10,034 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 17
    intelligencer - I understand what you are saying - one Australian uterus can only produce 1 to maybe?20 offspring in a woman's lifetime. Men can sire many children with numerous women as was the case in harems.

But I will ask you a question - what about the FACT that some women produce twins, triplets and even (rarely quintuplets)? I believe this runs in families. And I think the the IVF process tends to produce twins - but I may be incorrect on this.

It is well known that babies are now grown in foreign uteri for a large fee - some show biz celebrities take advantage of this. Potentially this could mean that the said celebrity could have 10 children - none of which were home grown (so to speak) This may happen more often in the future.

MY POINT, which you continually dismiss, is that certain religions and cultures glorify big families. Until fairly recently many Catholics did not use contraception and had lots of children. Other religions also frown on contraception also.

The money making potential of child care rorts and large families in a certain religion have been discussed recently in the MSM but I won't go there.

This is my last post on the subject.

OXY
    Last edited by Long Holiday: 01/09/16

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.