BSG bolnisi gold nl

Coeur Provides Update on San Bartolome Silver Project in Bolivia...

1. 555 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 46
    Coeur Provides Update on San Bartolome Silver Project in Bolivia
    Construction Workers Surpass Milestone of One Million Man Hours Without a Lost Time Accident

Project Remains on Schedule and on Budget toward January 2008 Startup

COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Coeur d’Alene Mines Corporation (NYSE:CDE) (TSX:CDM) today announced that construction workers at its large San Bartolome silver project in Bolivia have collectively surpassed the milestone of one million man-hours without a lost time accident, while remaining on schedule and on budget toward an anticipated January 2008 startup date. Through June 30, the project had posted 1,110,867 man-hours without a lost time accident.

The construction of San Bartolome, which is expected to produce approximately 9 million ounces of silver in its first year, currently employs approximately 1,100 workers through its South American Subsidiary Empresa Minera Manquiri, and its contractors, most of whom are Bolivians.

Site preparation work is essentially complete, and concrete foundation work is well advanced. Construction of the leach tanks is also well advanced, and all major contracts have been awarded.

“One million man-hours without a lost time accident is a major milestone for any mine, and with San Bartolome further demonstrates Coeur’s worldwide approach to mine safety which has resulted in the safe working conditions and efficiency employed at our new silver mine,” said Dennis E. Wheeler, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer of Coeur. “San Bartolome is not only bringing well-paying jobs to the people of Bolivia, it is doing so in a safe and productive work environment. We are extremely proud of the San Bartolome team, led by Jim Duff, all of Coeur’s contractors, and the entire workforce in Bolivia for maintaining this positive construction momentum, while maintaining discipline over costs and schedule.”

“This is the kind of safety and efficiency Coeur strives to bring to all its projects around the world,” Wheeler added.

Additional photos of construction progress at San Bartolome are available on the Coeur website, www.coeur.com.

Coeur d'Alene Mines Corporation is one of the world's leading primary silver producers and a growing gold producer. The company has mining interests in Alaska, Argentina, Australia, Bolivia, Chile, Nevada, and Tanzania.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BSG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.