AZZ 0.00% $7.50 antares energy limited

sands

1. 326 Posts.
    Unconsolidate sands (yes loose, potentially unstable sands) are mainly a drama if you don't know you have them or ignore the fact that you have them. First thing is you need to case and strongly cement your hole. Unconolidate sands have the potential to produce or flow into the well and thus leave a hole in the formation from wence it came from. This can cause a collapse of the casing/whole at that point.

The operator would have taken cores to ascertain the strength of the unconsolidated sands to determine the best technique to minimise sand production (as you would expect it clogs the works up).

A screan is often used to create a barrier to sand migration or a gravel pack between the perforations in the liner and production tubing.
    Fraccing with a sertain grit size then producing gas at the right velocity (not fast enough to carry sand, just the cas) is also used.

Like I said, can be a problem if you ignore it but clearly the operator knows about it and will use the appropiate technique to minimize sand flow

She's going to be a big one, I can feel it. I'm thinking 5 - 8 Million cfd gas flow from well number 1 (72 feet of net pay sands is the width of the intended perforations). That would be $US13.7 - $US22 Million per year reveue just from this first well. A $200BCF size closure with 5 holes in it could be generating $US100M a year.

Best darn punt on the market

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AZZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.