MBP 3.23% 3.0¢ metabolic pharmaceuticals limited

re: goomoanerback stepping on mbp Yeah, I agree, there must now...

1. 247 Posts.
    re: goomoanerback stepping on mbp Yeah, I agree, there must now be some concern that the drug *could* fail at phase 3.

Like sabre said, it's perplexing that only the lowest dose seems to get the results, and while this confirms the earlier trial, there has been as far as I am aware no explanation for that.

The other problem which I mentioned the other day is that the subjects in the latest trial had an average age of 44. MBP knew it got the best results from the older age group so we are already looking at probably the best possible rate of weight loss that the drug is capable of. It may not work at all on younger people.

The one potential bright spot is that we still don't know whether the weight loss will tail off after five or six months as it does with other drugs on the market. If users continue to lose weight for as long as the drug is taken, it will be significantly better than anything else on the market.

Personally I suspect that barring positive news, the price may ease back toward support at 90c, where it might be worth a punt. I think I'd prefer to wait tho until the drug is within a few months of completing phase 3. Otherwise you're tying up funds long term in a market with significant systemic risk which could probably be better employed somewhere else.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MBP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.