UNS 0.00% 0.5¢ unilife corporation

No long term risk hey Jimmy? Whilst it's true that most of the...

1. 1,121 Posts.
    No long term risk hey Jimmy? Whilst it's true that most of the major risks have been quashed in the last year, to me there is still risk from one direction - someone coming in to do us out of riding this wave to the full. If there is a takeover offer today for 10 times the price, I'd expect most of the general market to be doing backflips, and all the long termers here to be crying "daylight robbery". We all know what the potential of this baby is, and all have our own exit points in mind. However, with so much potential money to be made, do you not think there aren't smarter people than us (yes even smarter than Writer) out there plotting how they can get their hands on our future revenue? That has been lessened to a certain extent to the Sanofi wearables contract clause that says they have the right to terminate if AS leaves and they don't like the successor. My gut feeling is that was put in to shut down a specific identified threat.

Kevin joining the team has been a big boost. However, seeing that Intel are involved in part of our production from the recent FB post, it does raise the question has he joined us with their blessing? Poaching employees from a very large partner could be seen as a no no to some, and could lead to bad blood. So the timing of the FB post is interesting - a few days in to his move. If he has joined us with their blessing, or even at their behest, then watch this space as it could get pretty interesting from here. Could he be an inside man gathering Intel (pardon the pun) and laying some foundations for the future? Or is it less sinister and are they wanting to strengthen ties between the two companies?

For the record I'm actually pro-strategic partnership and am happy to sacrifice a cut of the long term future (not all as would happen in a TO) for more near-term certainty. It will also help alleviate the full takeover concerns, especially if we end up with more than one key stakeholder partner (Sanofi and Intel as big holders would look pretty good wouldn't it).

Anyway moral of the story is to not count your chickens, and it aint over until the cash is in the bank. Whilst I'm prone to dream like everyone else (I'll take my gulf stream with a blue stripe thanks), I'm keeping my targets realistic, to avoid disappointment. I much prefer positive surprises to negative ones.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add UNS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.