MBN 0.00% 8.3¢ mirabela nickel limited

Santa Rita nickel mine - $13.14bn

1. 3,193 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 79
    http://www.mining-technology.com/fe...iggest-foreign-owned-mines-in-brazil-4415407/

Santa Rita nickel mine - $13.14bn

Wholly owned by Australia-based Mirabela Nickel, the Santa Rita nickel sulphide mine located 260km southwest of Salvador in the Brazilian state Bahia was estimated to hold 140.2Mt of proven and probable ore reserves, (at an average grade of 0.52% Ni) containing over 729,000t of nickel, as of December 2013.
    The Santa Rita Nickel deposit was discovered by Mirabela in 2004 and the open-pit mine was brought into commercial production in 2010. A total of 19.1Mt of ore (at an average nickel grade of 0.48%) was mined from the deposit by the end of 2013. The extracted ore is processed at a nickel sulphide concentration plant located near the mine site.
    Nickel concentrate produced from the Santa Rita operation is delivered to Norilsk Nickel Harjavalta (Norilsk) and Votorantim Metais Niquel (Votorantim) under separate off-take agreements. The remaining mining life at Santa Rita is estimated to be 20 years.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MBN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.