STO 2.14% $7.62 santos limited

ORG & STO are quite closely related parleycross so though you...

1. 7,515 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 337
    ORG & STO are quite closely related parleycross so though you come over the STO threads to bag the stock whats happening in your backyard - STO has already been well and truly sold off before this so I'd be thinking ORG looks very overvalued because the article you quote was based on $40 oil so at $37 aren't both ORG & STO & Woodside & how many others now worthless if we use the same measuring stick on all of them?

As far as Russia planning for low oil for 7 years - thats just sending a message to the Saudis - Russia can't afford $40 for another 12 months let alone 7 years...whats happening is diabolical and may well turn the whole system upside down led by the US junkbond market crashing - this is an existential crisis for Putin that if its been done by design is playing some very dangerous games - worse than the cold war -
    does anybody seriously think Russia will just accept this and take its guns and bombs and ships and planes and go home again? This is their only play and it relies on oil to fund it - just like Iran - just like Iraq - just like Saudi Arabia. The most glaring thing for me is - Iraq as its pumping like mad to fund fighting ISIS and ISIS is having it oil targeted by everyone and ISIS has close access to Iraq's oil fields?

Is it just me or is everyone showing ISIS what they should do by example? It seems to me Russia coming in forced the US hand which was allowing ISIS to pump and sell oil and had in place a status quo where ISIS wouldn't target oil facilities if the US and others didn't target theirs?

No-one knows what could happen next in this oil saga - 7 years away is just ridiculous when you can't read whats about happen even in a months time.

All the lowering POO does is add fuel to flames of instability and not just in the middle east but in global markets generally - though if there is a sell off in equities - the US dollar will be the haven of security which will see it shoot up and then the calls of 60c AUD to USD would come into view which would mean aussie miners and oilers will get a free pass.

Santos LNG contracts are for 20 years - thats a long time - investors are buying for that type of timeframe - yes this year sucks as it did for ORG but the dollar will come to both ORG's and STO's rescue along with the rest of our resource sector - I can see a sell off on Monday right across the board including our dollar..

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add STO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$7.62
Change
0.160(2.14%)
Mkt cap ! $24.74B
Open High Low Value Volume
$7.50 $7.62 $7.48 $139.7M 18.17M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 264300 $7.62

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$7.63 118462 13
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
STO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.