STO 0.75% $7.41 santos limited

Daytr You said " Thanks for posting, some interesting articles...

1. 2,669 Posts.
    Daytr

You said " Thanks for posting, some interesting articles there"

Thanks for that! (you are a very astute guy).

LONG TERM
    Obviously the energy industry is going to undergo changes in the next 20 years because of Global Warming/Climate Change and the requirement of Governments around the world to reduce emissions.

From what I read you wouldn't have to be a genius to work out that the Coal Industry is in its death throes and LNG will (at least in the short term) be used to replace it.

Global gas demand to be driven by Asia in next 15 years ...

www.reuters.com/article/.../gas-gazprom-idUSL4N0VD1AR20150203

Feb 2, 2015 - Oil and coal share of global energy mix to fall by 2030* Natural gas to remain stable thanks to growing Asiandemand* Asian share of global gas demand to

SHORT TERM

Competition from East Africa and USA(?)

Asian buyers line up for Mozambican LNG with new deals ...

www.cnbcafrica.com/news/resources/.../asia-buyers-mozambique-lng/

3 days ago - Countries across Asia are quietly reaching deals to import liquefied natural gas (LNG) from Mozambique.

Only two B.C. LNG projects to proceed as industry faces ...

business.financialpost.com/.../only-two-b-c-lng-projects-to-proceed-as-in...

Jan 21, 2015 - In December, the Asian consortium deferred the project, citing declining oil prices ... Most of the proposed U.S. export LNG plants will “never be built” due to the

Asian LNG demand falling because of fallback in economic growth (mainly China)

I have read that there will be a very large global shortage of LNG in 5/6 years because of all the projects that have been cancelled or deferred.

I think you would need a crystal ball to work out where to invest in (instead of Oil/Gas).
    Last edited by coopec: 16/02/15

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add STO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$7.41
Change
0.055(0.75%)
Mkt cap ! $24.03B
Open High Low Value Volume
$7.42 $7.43 $7.37 $24.18M 3.272M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
48 67352 $7.40

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$7.41 57278 33
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.38pm 19/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
STO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.