SAR 0.00% $4.69 saracen mineral holdings limited

I very much doubt China would be weaponising its Treasury asset...

1. 41,404 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1007
    I very much doubt China would be weaponising its Treasury asset unless it wants to decouple from US. The dilemma could be money printing and QE on an even bigger scale to Bernanke's version. Post GFC and the medication to fix its economy (US) was non-effective, just prevention for a worst-case scenario. The QT/Rate rise were just in preparation for any black swan event and we experience that in March BUT the caused had already started in Sept 2019 Repo pump shot through the ceiling with an earlier bond yield inversion.

It is always a known fact that gold equities do not behave like a defensive sector or asset class because it is a leveraged play with a much higher beta that can go both ways exponentially. March equity collapsed also dragged gold price down. 13% fall in the gold price was a 30% fall in SAR and its peers. If one is bullish gold besides the ST market sentiment type of fear and greed, then any big sell-offs are good dip-buying opportunities. If you are correct in this strategy, payback in gold equities is amplified compared to gold bars. There is no free lunch as the opposite is also true.

I very much doubt without a vaccine, bond yields can rise meaningfully besides the yield reactionary to any monthly Feds monetary policy. We are in very gold friendly investment opportunities in general from the wider global macros. However, within this sector, there are the laggards and outperformers (overvalued) in the ST.

In the ST, I can see a gold price pullback further but we do have Nov election just around the corner........

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SAR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.