SAR 0.00% $4.69 saracen mineral holdings limited

I too have a very balanced investment portfolio having both real...

1. 4,762 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 510
    I too have a very balanced investment portfolio having both real estate and shares but no precious metals at this stage, but like silver over gold there as more upside imo. My wife takes my advice on these things but like D Trump has the power of veto and hasn't warmed to my precious metals argument yet, but I am thinking she doesn't understand the economic reasoning I am using to explain my investment theory, so I will continue to persist in my arguments. My wife however lovers property and I suspect that is because she has a more physical asset she can get her head around, however in recent days she has become aware of hidden landmines when dealing with property, when a certain state government has reassessed our land values and decided we need to pay land tax for the first time( something I have been very careful to try and avoid). The one thing I dislike about property is a lack of liquidity, so I much prefer shares and other financial instruments.
    I like you believe it's all about balance and covering for any downturn in one sector.
    With the Fed still providing significant QE, I can see the relevance of the arguments for higher precious metals pricing that the likes of Maloney and Schiff etc are espousing and my old school economic reasoning aligns well with Schiff's thinking but you must take their advice with a grain of salt as they are in the business of making money out of investors in precious metals, so discount part of their message as a marketing ploy. Will admit I am a listener to Peter Schiffer podcasts and recommend that gold bulls may get a better economic understanding from listening.
    One thing I agree 100% with you is having some cash to splash should a second crash occurs due to the current disconnect that markets have from reality.
    So good luck with your strategy and hopefully we both can benefit from any market pull back.

Christopher

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SAR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.