SAS 0.00% 1.6¢ sky and space company ltd

SAS Fundamentals Thread, page-6

1. 29 Posts.
    Bare with me on this, I'm not sure if Ive worked this out right. I tried working this out while back but...

I think satellites in LEO lower earth orbit around the 400 to 700km distance (which we will be operating in) would orbit every 80 to 90 minutes.

Watching sky and space Global YouTube video of three diamonds they have a graphical representation of each satellites service area. Now looking at it I would say each satellite has a service diameter of around 800 kilometres. Now with having a slight overlap between each satellite I think it would be safe to say the service area it would be around 2000 kilometres. Screenshot_20170405-210946.jpg

With the speed the satellites are traveling I would say each satellite has a service time of 1 minutes and 35 seconds over a single service point. Then the next satellite takes over and then the next satellite.
    Now with that slight overlap, I'd like to say that you would have a service time of approximately 4 minutes over the 3 satellites.

Basically every 85 minutes you'll get 4 minutes of service. Now my maths could be way off but just something to consider.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SAS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.