XJO 0.00% 7,769.4 s&p/asx 200

Hi GuysJust want to say that sometimes the phychology of where...

1. 616 Posts.
    Hi Guys

Just want to say that sometimes the phychology of where your mind wants the market is to be and where it wants to go is just beyond anybody.Last week the majority of us were saying short short short.

It was extremely volatile,like a tug a war.There was a lot of out side influence stepping in to change market forces.The big worry was the markets were at the edge and are still not out of the woods.

I traded not up to my standards but came out positive for the week cause i go both ways but my tendency was to go more short than long.The longs i took saved my day.

Yesterdays FTSE trade was a classic example.Went short after a few minutes of openning.
    Shorted for 26 pts and went long another 20 pts,long again another 22 pts.When it was reaching resistance levels i started shorting and lost 17 pts in two more trades and closed shop.I was seeing a reverse head and shoulders and did a price target on it and got 55 pts above yet i did not go what i thought the outcome was going to be because of my pschology which was being influeced be short short short.That is why i say that our thinling cannot change what the market wants to do.The market dictates where it wants to go and we are just mere traders and cannot change it.

The gist of my note is that we have a great phycologocal barrier and it is not smartness but experience and the gut feeling that makes our decisions go the way our mind wants it to happen.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.