NEA 0.00% $2.10 nearmap ltd

If this has been addressed I apologise, if not please enlighten...

1. 8 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    If this has been addressed I apologise, if not please enlighten me.

There is no doubt we are in the dawn of the new space age, that is, cheaper more frequent flights and accessibility to low earth orbit through reusable rockets. This has opened up a new market for microsatellites which we all know will develop to a point of being able to take high quality imagery similar to what NEA is taking at the moment. Is this not a major threat? Satellites zoom through low Earth orbit so much faster and can cover larger distances than what a plane can. I can't seem to find anything on this as a threat, am I missing something here?

I'd imagine placing one satellite in orbit would surely be more cost efficient over time than the arduas task of always having to fly. Maybe the tech isn't there yet, maybe someone is working on this currently which would make aerial photography obsolete.. not sure, but I am curious. It would be great if Nearmap were looking into this or had some dev occuring in the back ground. This tech and the application is amazing - hope we are auctioning this in some way

Last edited by tarino: 19/06/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NEA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.