Hi ContraI will be ignored in suggesting that Yemen should again...

1. Osi
    15,958 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 201
    Hi Contra

I will be ignored in suggesting that Yemen should again be partitioned into separate North (Houthi) and South (Sunni) nation states or perhaps a loose federation. If that were done, both sides could actually co-operate in cleaning Al Qaeda/ISIS out of the place.

I will be ignored for suggesting that a peace talk table would be the best outcome for the Yemeni's the Saudi's and the Iranians.

I am worried that it was Bolton who was actually holding Trump back on Iran. Who would know but nobody learns much about geopolitical analysis on the golf course. I remain hopeful that Trump aims to play hero peace maker for electoral purposes however the scope for miscalculation presents extreme risk to everyone.

Trump is out of his depth and has no capacity to understand the many layers of friction behind Houthi rebellion or the nature of Iranian influence on Houthi asperations and views over the past 30 years. Trump will see everything in a childish "for us" or "against us" perspective. It's not like that as far as ordinary Yemini's go.

Mohammed al Houthi is aligned with Iran and supplied by Iran however neither al Houthi nor his Commanders view themselves as the proxies of Iran. There are no real proxi relationships in this part of the world.

cheers

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.