BMN 1.86% $3.16 bannerman energy ltd

savannah timeline

1. 784 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 76
    I wouldnt be a litigation expert and can only speak from personal experience in common law jurisdictions but my understanding of court process in litigation is as follows:

1. Plenary summons
    2. Statement of claim
    3. Pleadings are delivered / exchanged by each party
    4. Discovery
    5. Witness statements / affidavits are prepared and finalised and all docs submitted to the court
    6. Trial/hearing date is set
    7. Hearing can take anywhere from days to weeks depending on the complexity of the issues and the number of witnesses to be called etc.

All told the process can be very lengthy and it would be my experience that a High Court action will at a clip take a minimum of 18 months and that is about as fast at it can be expected to go. Reading the extract from the quarterly (and assuming the process is likewise in Namibia ?) it would seem we are most likely at stage.

Unfortunately, as with litigation generally, you get dragged into the process and have little option but to get involved and defend your corner. Vexatious litigation is a serious pain in the ar*e for that reason as you have liitle alternative option and it i a major drain on resource.

There is no 100% certainty but it would seem on the face of it this Savannah action is squarely in the vexatious category. Only time will tell but on balance you would have to reasonably expect that it will be thrown out - it is the uncertainty that is the sp killer.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BMN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.