Save Our Only Ocean, page-419

1. 6,836 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1437
    I respect that you are doing your bit @Marum
    I dont read the other threads as in climate threads as I dont have time. But if I find an article I like to share it.
    I started the thread so I keep posting stuff their.
    The ocean needs saving as its part of the terrarium that nature needs to function. I can find the thread over all the others that are started.
    I've lived my whole life next to the ocean. And have watched it decline and rise. Went diving as a kid at Great Barrier Reef and was blown away. Now I see mass coral bleaching from nitrogen run off
    Last nights high tide was above average you notice these things on rising sea levels just cause you see and watch the tides daily over 50 years.
    Great stuff about your cause on plastic @Marum
    When you realise plastic comes in all forms from dumped fishing nets that go on killing marine life and the problems 3rd worlds face by taking our thrown out cloths. Most are plastic nylon that are either burnt or end up in the ocean that end up buried in the sand . I love the ocean as in my view its our maker. Mother nature thought of everything.
    In my view the ocean is god and its waving but we are to stupid to wave back and respect her.
    You are going to cop more rain from ice melt to balance things out. Also from Dams that kill streams and river systems but hey its green power.
    In the name of green energy.
    But its all interlinked how mother nature works. Block arteries and you are stopping the circulation of life from the formation of ice and oxygen.
    I look at an invest in companies that are going to improve things and cut down carbon emmisions as and example weebit nano much more power efficient. and others.
    In my view more money should go into harnessing ocean currents.
    Ocean currents work 24/7 365 a year. yet we change the landscape black drawing more heat
    into earth with black solar panels
    So our version of being green is actually adding to the problem.
    When we have a kenetic source of power from the movement of ocean currents. I designed a tidal power machine in my 20's that would probably shit all over coal powered plants. But the problem was storing the energy created. We are at the stage were vanadium storage is feasible.
    Fresh water is so intricately balanced with salt water
    that China building 94,000 dams for
    hydro power is one of the main causes of extreme weather patterns.India as well. Even the snowy mountains hydro dam adds to the problem.
    You need to live with mother nature not change things as the energy of a stream is energy the earth needs to live

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.