VMS 0.00% 1.8¢ venture minerals limited

save the tarkine appeal rejected!!, page-17

1. 449 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 183
    Mine approval great news for the North-West Coast

Tue 24 September 2013

Bryan Green

Deputy Premier

Deputy Premier Bryan Green today welcomed the green light for Venture Minerals’ Riley mine near Tullah on the West Coast.

Mr Green said the Resources Management and Planning Appeals Tribunal (RMPAT) has dismissed the appeal made by the Tarkine National Coalition.,

“This is more great news for Tasmania’s mining industry,” Mr Green said.

Mr Green said RMPAT found that any impacts of the mine were both acceptable and manageable, and had concluded the original approval should stand.

“The go ahead of this new mine is a tremendous confidence boost, highlights Labor’s strong support for the sector and clearly demonstrates Tasmania’s mining industry is open for business.

“We are seeing a resurgent mining industry in Tasmania that is delivering investment and jobs.

“We are continuing to work with the mining industry to help bring new mines to fruition, so that all Tasmanians can benefit from the jobs and economic benefits that these exciting projects will deliver.

“The Riley mine will inject around $40 million a year into the economy through jobs, transport, contractors and other services.

Mr Green said combined with the Shree Minerals mine near Smithton which is expected to begin production next month, the Riley project would see a tripling of bulk mineral exports through the Burnie port, pouring tens of millions of dollars into the economy.

Mr Green last week also approved a new coal mine in the Fingal Valley that will create 100 jobs.

“All of these new projects put paid to the negativity of the Liberals who have endlessly talked down the prospects of our mining industry.

“The North-West and West Coasts have some of the most highly mineralised and prospective areas in the world and I am confident we will see more new mines in the region.

Mr Green said the Riley mine was one of three major projects Venture Minerals is developing in the North-West.

“Venture Minerals has already supported over 90 local businesses and invested more than $30 million in Tasmania in the past five years.

Mr Green said that in addition to Riley, a mining lease had also been granted to Venture for its Livingston project, near Tullah, and it was finalising plans for its Mt Lindsay tin and tungsten mine nearby.

“The Mt Lindsay mine alone will be worth $200 million and create up to 1000 jobs during construction,” Mr Green said.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VMS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.8¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $43.90M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.9¢ 1.9¢ 1.8¢ $111.0K 6.162M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
36 7999876 1.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.9¢ 1680469 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
VMS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.