Saved by faith, rewards for works, page-39

1. 11,972 Posts.
    They forget that the way to please the unseen and unknowable entity is to become sighted and altruistic towards the ordinary folk around them - which includes the infidels - and to appreciate and become custodians of nature around them.
    -----------
    There are many that presume to look down on infidels... don't let that trouble you... it doesn't go unnoticed.
    (Luke 18:9-14) He also told this illustration to some who trusted in their own righteousness and who considered others as nothing: 10 “Two men went up into the temple to pray, the one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11 The Pharisee stood and began to pray these things to himself, ‘O God, I thank you that I am not like everyone else—extortioners, unrighteous, adulterers—or even like this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week; I give the tenth of all things I acquire.’ 13 But the tax collector, standing at a distance, was not willing even to raise his eyes heavenward but kept beating his chest, saying, ‘O God, be gracious to me, a sinner.’ 14 I tell you, this man went down to his home and was proved more righteous than that Pharisee. Because everyone who exalts himself will be humiliated, but whoever humbles himself will be exalted.”

Jesus not only taught by means of illustration , but also by example. He and his apostles worked tirelessly at helping others.
    (Mark 6:31) And he said to them: “Come, you yourselves, privately into an isolated place and rest up a little.” For there were many coming and going, and they had no leisure time even to eat a meal.
    Their attempt to "rest up a little" was interrupted.
    (Mark 6:34) Well, on getting out, he saw a large crowd, and he was moved with pity for them, because they were as sheep without a shepherd. And he started to teach them many things.

Jesus saw as being most needed that he "teach them many things". He trained his disciples to do likewise.

(Matthew 9:36-38) On seeing the crowds, he felt pity for them, because they were skinned and thrown about like sheep without a shepherd. 37 Then he said to his disciples: “Yes, the harvest is great, but the workers are few. 38 Therefore, beg the Master of the harvest to send out workers into his harvest.”

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.