Say NO to apartheid in Australia, page-36

1. 42,411 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 642
    @blueballs

"are white western males the most progressive in the world yes or no?"
    . .. "white western males"? really? you want to push me into this old chestnut?

BB I'm sure you know there are people in every culture who hold progressive values and others who don't. Do you think your values are "progressive"? I do try hard to not judge others by my own standards - yes, I know that I fail daily, but I try to avoid such when I am capable.

we cannot make any such brand assessment of nations either as every country is now more multi-cultural than at any time in history, therefore there is a movement toward progressive values, of which social progress is the measure as I described above, in most nations, including Russia (deeply regressive white, male dominated culture) and even in some Islamic nation, eg Iran.

As for "we are the most progressive".... ... this depends on the political culture at each election cycle. this last 9 years has been staunchly regressive in the effort to drag Aus back through time to the 1950s. but thats only the federal level, while states have been ploughing progressively against the federal Gov preferred paradigm.

but the way your write of Aboriginal people one would think they were the only culture in Aus that committed such offences. Greater numbers of arrests don't necessarily equate with greater offences. white people do tend to get off alleged offences at a much greater rate than non-white people.

yes we have digressed. the point is that some righties think that the effect of adoption of the Uluru statement will result in apartheid.

so cut the cackle and lets get back to the OP

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.