saying sorry..., page-38

1. 6,316 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 54
    Woddonnee,

I don't disagree with you.

The system was in place for everyone even though in those days it was not common for an aboriginal to gain an education especially in her chosen field.

In fact it would have been near impossible.

Knowing the type of person she is, i have no doubt she would have succeeded in anything she had put her mind too
    with or without an education. A very rare person indeed.

The education was one of her stepping stones and she made the most of the opportunities.

A feeling of hopelessness and desperation has engulfed the aboriginal communities for at least a couple of generations. Now, we are facing the backlash of political correctness whereby wrongs have to be written right in order to appease the general population including aboriginals and for generations to come.

My attitude as a 3rd generation anglo white is lets get on with it and not have to continue with past generations
    misdemeanors. We can never fix what has already been written in the history books.

However, we can at least persevere with improving quality of life whether it be aboriginality or ethnic background for that matter.

Rod i look forward to a better future for them as well.

Cheers markco2

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.