saying sorry..., page-49

1. 2,677 Posts.
    Dude, you do not have to a racist to do what percived is wrong. there tends to be a sense of superiority that because some one cant speak the queens english they mustnt know what they are doing. Being white, educated and in a sense of power, and able to speak the queens english gives them the sense of superioty and conviction that they are doing the right thing. Torture them and they believe that what they are doing is right and not racist

Sometimes it is the belittling nature of white anglo saxon superiority and their fear that, while not racism, is nevertheless more damaging. I expereienced this first hand when I was put in any 'english as a second language' class because of my suraname after being in school for 'normal' for several years, topping maths and science and other courses but not english. I stayed in the class for half a day until the ESL teacher asked me why I was there.

Sense of superioty by some and there view they know better is what this is about. society in the 50's was dominated by this ethos and inflicted damage on numerous persons, both black and white non english speaking. But many got over it and took it is a challenge to suceed.

To me whether you are black or white, makes no differecne, it is the person that counts.

And this may sound racist but these stolen generation need to get over it. saying sorry wont help. they are waiting for the cash - just a another case of greed and blaming some one else for their misfortune in one of the luckest countries in the world.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.