DEG 2.31% $1.33 de grey mining limited

Sayona JV area update

1. 1,268 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 961
    An interesting announcement from Sayona the other day about the exploration in our Tabba Tabba JV area to the west of the Wildcat discovery (posted below). Sayona hold all the lithium rights there while DEG have the gold rights and presumably any VMS metals etc. I guess these match up with the drilling in that area that Gmeister was flagging a few months ago and there was speculation if it was DEG drilling for gold or Sayona drilling for lithium. Especially as the pattern was from memory a DEG-style line-based one. Any thoughts Gmeister? Do these results line up with the drilling that you showed in that area recently? I wasn't sure if it was a joint drill program between the two companies but there were no gold results presented and I guess they are very different rock types being targeted.

DRILLING AT TABBA TABBA FINDS HIGH POTENTIAL PEGMATITES
     Maiden drilling identifies high potential lithium, caesium, tantalum (LCT) type pegmatites at
    Sayona’s 100% owned Tabba Tabba Lithium Project, Western Australia
     Ground gravity surveying has commenced, including over the southern extensions to the
    Tabba Tabba tantalum mine and at the Roadside Prospect to focus future deep drilling
     Deep drilling targets along the 7.5km strike length Tabba Tabba lithium corridor to be the
    focus for 2024 exploration, in potential boost for Sayona’s global lithium base
    North American lithium producer Sayona Mining Limited (“Sayona”) (ASX:SYA; OTCQB:SYAXF)
    announces that maiden exploration drilling at its wholly owned Tabba Tabba Lithium Project, E45/2364
    identified high potential pegmatite systems containing caesium and tantalum. Based on these results,
    Sayona plans to conduct deeper drilling along a 7.5km prospective corridor located immediately south
    of the historic Tabba Tabba tantalum mine, where recent exploration by Wildcat Resources has identified
    encouraging lithium mineralisation.
    The 77-hole air core drilling program for 1,473m focused on two key areas, with results in the northern
    drill area identifying a zone of alteration, interpreted as the targeted southern extension to the Tabba
    Tabba mine stratigraphy. The southern drill area, sited around the Roadside and Turley prospects,
    intersected narrow pegmatite within broader zones of elevated tantalum and caesium geochemistry,
    typical of a LCT (lithium-caesium-tantalum) type pegmatite system.
    An orientation ground gravity geophysical survey has commenced to identify the prospective **bro –
    sediment contact for targeting, as this is an important control for lithium mineralisation within the area.
    The gravity survey covers a 7km x 2km area and comprises approximately 2,500 stations arranged on
    160m x 40m traverses, infilled to 80x20m over the northern and southern drill areas. The survey is
    anticipated to take three weeks to complete.
    Reverse Circulation (RC) drilling is planned after the completion of the gravity survey to test existing and
    new gravity defined targets within fresh rock at depth. Some earthworks have been completed in support
    of the planned drilling program.
    The air core drill results support the ramp up of West Australian exploration activities at Tabba Tabba
    and Sayona’s other 100% owned lithium and gold projects in the region.
    Sayona’s Director and Interim CEO, James Brown commented, “We are pleased with the results of the
    drilling program so far, which delineated a prospective lithium corridor, as we advance our wholly owned
    Western Australian lithium assets.
    “These encouraging drill results at Tabba Tabba identified high potential pegmatites and provide a strong
    basis for us to proceed to a deeper RC drilling program. Given the recent discoveries in neighbouring
    tenements, we are excited to progress the exploration for lithium mineralisation in Western Australia.
    “We look forward to continuing our exploration program in both Québec, Canada and Western Australia as
    we expand and diversify our global lithium portfolio.”
    Last edited by Fish3: 12/04/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DEG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.33
Change
0.030(2.31%)
Mkt cap ! $2.462B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.31 $1.33 $1.30 $4.310M 3.260M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 54877 $1.33

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.33 11383 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 29/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.32
  Change
0.030 ( 1.36 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.32 $1.33 $1.30 510416
Last updated 15.59pm 29/04/2024 ?
DEG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.