SYA 5.56% 3.4¢ sayona mining limited

Sayona Radio Canada, page-2

1. 52 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 14
    MINING INDUSTRY
    Mine near an esker: a coalition of organizations will ask the intervention of the government
    Posted on Wednesday March 28, 2018 at 5:43 pm
    Posters on the site of the Authier mining project of Sayona Mining.
    The mining project of Sayona Mining should be located less than 500 meters from the esker, in La Motte, Abitibi. Photo: CBC / Melanie Picard

CBC learned that many regional and national agencies will united front on the open pit project located within 500 meters of a large esker, in La Motte.
    A text by Thomas Deshaies
    Recall that the project Authier, the Australian mining Sayona Mining, raises concerns for several weeks. The majority of the citizens who took part in two public meetings organized by the mining have also expressed concern about the project, especially because of its proximity to the esker Saint-Mathieu-Berry, which supplies drinking water to several cities of the region.
    Organizations dedicated to environmental protection and sustainable management of water resources are preparing to seek the intervention of the Minister of the Environment, Isabelle Melançon, in this case.
    Public hearings would be called for, in addition to greater transparency, and a public debate where citizens will play a crucial role.
    Read also :
    Mine near an esker: worried citizens are still waiting for answers
    Mine near an esker: could the Minister of the Environment submit the project to the BAPE?
    Force the company to submit to the BAPE
    There is every reason to believe that they will be dealing with a new section of the Environment Act, section 31.1.1, which has been in effect since last Friday.
    This section empowers the Minister to recommend that the government submit any mining project to the Environmental Impact Assessment and Review Procedure, which may lead to hearings by the Bureau of Public Hearings on environment (BAPE), if public concerns justify it.
    However, the decision to submit a mining project to this procedure was previously determined according to the daily capacity of extraction or processing of the ore.
    It is for this reason that Sayona Mining plans to treat 1,900 tons per day, 100 tons less than the limit of 2,000 tons.
    The project promoter defended his choice publicly in the last weeks. According to the mining, the procedure involves high expenses and long delays. Other measures planned by the government, outside of the environmental assessment procedure, would be just as rigorous, according to Sayona Mining.
    People attend a public event.
    Dozens of people attended Sayona Mining's public consultation on the Authier project. (archives) Photo: Radio-Canada / Mélanie Picard
    A national movement?
    The president of the Abitibi-Témiscamingue Groundwater Corporation (SESAT), Serge Bastien, said at a public event this week that his organization would seriously consider seeking the intervention of the minister.
    A resolution to solicit the support of all members of SESAT's Board of Directors is being prepared.
    Other groups in the region, such as the Abitibi-Témiscamingue Mine Watch Group (REVIMAT) and the Témiscamingue Watershed Organization (OBVT), are seriously considering joining the movement.
    National organizations could be involved, including the Water Relief Coalition. The Quebec Center for Environmental Law (CQDE) would also be interested in the situation.
    The list could be longer.
    Read also :
    Mine near an esker: a call for the holding of citizen assemblies
    A cold shower in Pikogan for the promoters of the mine near the esker
    A citizen committee about to be launched
    Radio-Canada has also learned that a committee of citizens, concerned about the establishment of a mining company near an esker, will announce its creation in the coming weeks.
    This committee, made up of several citizens of La Motte, but also cities in the periphery, is currently preparing its launch. He will seek the participation of any citizen who feels concerned by this mining project.
    The Office of the Minister of the Environment has indicated that a request for a project to be subject to the procedure of Article 31.1.1 would be analyzed according to the criteria set out in Article. "However, in this case, the [Authier] project is not yet in the department," the minister's press secretary said.
    "Ms. Melançon is, as Minister and since his arrival, listening to clients and citizens. Mechanisms are put in place so that they can express their concerns about the various projects that can
    About

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.4¢
Change
-0.002(5.56%)
Mkt cap ! $349.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.6¢ 3.6¢ 3.4¢ $911.1K 26.27M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
66 22099388 3.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.5¢ 6736336 20
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 01/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SYA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.