SBM 0.00% 20.0¢ st barbara limited

SLR went to around $3.90! It has had a significant reality check...

1. 11,115 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 623
    SLR went to around $3.90! It has had a significant reality check since then. SLR was my best spec buy in terms of total returns, but I got out too early at around $2.80 in 2012 once I realised they were not going to be a low cost producer and were not being honest about their full costs.

It is wrong to think of SBM as going from 7 cents to 80 cents as if it was some sort of miracle. Think of it as just a recovery after getting things fixed that were in the pipeline for some time, especially the pacific island operations. SBM fell from a market cap of over $1b to under $40m - that is the real story.

I think BobbyV wants to do what he has been saying - pay off the company debt, build the mine shaft at Gwalia and the circuit at Simberi to handle the sulphide ore - once that is done we have a long life, mostly lower cost, asset that will move with the price of gold, and get the share price back to its former highs. There is possible scope for more gold being found in PNG and they have some other interesting tenements to explore.

No reason to sell SBM nowvia a T/O - just let it grow over time. With their performance rights management has an interest in growing the company's share price.

loki ($3.50 in 2018 or bust!)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SBM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
20.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $163.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
20.5¢ 20.5¢ 19.8¢ $687.8K 3.425M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 278140 20.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
20.5¢ 744228 13
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SBM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.