SBM 2.50% 20.5¢ st barbara limited

I thought that a good part of SBM's current revenues are tied to...

1. 250 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 330
    I thought that a good part of SBM's current revenues are tied to the hedging contracts they signed earlier this year. If the spot price of gold reaches new highs, I'd assume that the hedged price remains for the life of the contract.

With all the cash on hand, I sense that the board is more interested in spending it on acquisitions, rather than an increased dividend. I remember Bob Vassie saying that asset diversity is important. He seemed pleased that about $6million in dividends was conserved through dividend reinvestment.

A few weeks back, someone on HC asked why the SP tends to hit resistance at the $3 mark. I think someone said that until SBM diversifies, the resistance will be there, ready and waiting...not to mention the actions of a certain overseas bank.

With the recent announcements by Peel Mining, I wonder if the SBM board will be weighing up an increased stake. I think the sooner SBM makes an acquisition, the more likely the board will consider a higher dividend (in that order).

I'm hoping that the AGM will flesh this out a bit more

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SBM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
20.5¢
Change
0.005(2.50%)
Mkt cap ! $163.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
21.0¢ 21.0¢ 20.5¢ $144.1K 686.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
23 861463 20.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
21.0¢ 1169020 32
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.59am 04/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SBM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.