SBM 2.33% 21.0¢ st barbara limited

SBM to increase dividends?, page-7

1. 80 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 11
    New here. Would welcome SBM to make sound acquisitions AND continue the new dividend policy. SBM could have a more well defined dividend policy. Refer peers NST, EVN & RRL.
    Whilst a lazy balance sheet is not optimal, a repeat of Gold Ridge & Simberi purchase from Allied Gold is not wanted! Overpriced $560M? while gold price was high. Also monstrously high initial AISC therefore loss making on acquisition. Then collapse of gold price from historic all time highs. Considerable Capex then spent and hard work to get Simberi delivering now and provide some better prospects. Separately Gold Ridge was taken over by squatters after flash flood / collapsed road in 2014. Civil unrest in the past should also have been an indicator. SBM couldn't reestablish safe occupancy or control. Sold mine to Solomon Islands government for $100 and removal of rehabilitation liabilities. I don't really know how much the company lost on Gold Ridge, but it was substantial. So, care with acquisitions.
    Best in Australian jurisdiction, maybe an interstate geographical spread like NST and EVN.
    Have held multiple SBM holdings since 2012, in particular holding through and buying more after the Leonora flood incident in 2014 . Very happy with curent state of SBM in comparison to the past. Have had a habit of premature sale before full share price rallies were realised. Intend not to trade in / out any more and intend to hold present quantity for the long term. Full gold sub quota in my portfolio. DYOR.
    AGM tomorrow to look forward to.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SBM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
21.0¢
Change
-0.005(2.33%)
Mkt cap ! $171.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
21.5¢ 21.5¢ 20.8¢ $551.3K 2.624M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 52999 21.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
21.5¢ 171494 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SBM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.