RZR 0.00% 3.4¢ razor risk technologies limited

Knowhat,The alternate view is that it is a positive for Razor to...

1. 38 Posts.
    Knowhat,

The alternate view is that it is a positive for Razor to get UXC and GBT off their register. Correct me if I wrong, but from memory their combined holding was around 35%. This would have made it difficult for competitors (risk software houses) to make a takeover play. Note that the two are not risk software houses and probably RZR in its current form would not have fit in well with their respective businesses.

RZR appears to have found themselves a niche, focusing Central Clearing Houses and assisting with institutions to meet Basel II requirements. Remember they've gone from a 3 product business to a one product (solely on RAZOR). One may argue that by doing so that it has increased its risk. My view is that by focusing on the flagship product , no resources are wasted on the other two. Furthermore, the company can develop improvements to the core product and thus provide additional revenue streams via upgrades. Go to their website and look at "Product & Services”… I counted 9 modules. It wasn’t always the case.

If they build a good client base, it may be attractive from competing risk management software houses who's client base have primarily been banks. Though not exhaustive, the link does provide a good list of competing softwares to RAZOR and its respective vendors, and thus potential players who may see RZR as an attractive takeover target.

http://www.bobsguide.com/guide/c-baselii-market-risk1.html

Food for thought.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RZR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.