XJO 0.81% 7,971.6 s&p/asx 200

free carries in quality stocks are the goal for me in a rising...

1. cha
    5,804 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 638
    free carries in quality stocks are the goal for me in a rising market which could crash at any time.
    it is an important trading strategy.

some call it the 80/20 rule. sell 80% for cash to pay for the trade. if you believe that the market and the stock will keep rising then sell 80% on the surge to cver the costs and the rest is pure profit which you can sell later or keep forever. it is a combination of day trading/momentum trading and accumulation.

eg fms was todays hot stock. traded it twice today and 4 times for a good profit last 2 weeks. could keep some of profit as free carry shares from each trade and build up a free carry position if wish. today I just kept the cash.

eg vpg today. was it going to run to 21c or fall back to 8c? my holding in vpg is a free carry accumulated over 6 months of hard daily trading from when it was 4.7c.surged to 7c and then 10c and then back to 8c and then 9.8c and then 16c and ... but you get the idea. have traded it every step.
    today if it surged I would have sold some.
    if it capitulated to 8c then I top up. it is a system that looks for support and resistance and accumulation and then surges.
    I trade my capital over and over again.

some trades like today in fms I do not wantto keep and just take the cash. happy to be out of fms each time.

other solid stocks like meo have traded since 14c and iif still holding since 21c and no end in sight.
    meo in at 14c and sell enough at 20c to leave some as free carry and hold those and top up to next resistance at 45c and then build up again now to 60c+.

some like sdl still waiting for it to move but holding free carries from 12.5c.

I am passionate about this approach. the gfc has provided me with a once in a lifetime opportunity to get set in quality stocks. I cant see meo falling back to 14c and I hold free carries.

I have my limitations as a trader but I recognise them and have a system that works for me in this market. each trade I sell asap. if you see somestrange numbers ofshares being sold it may be me. sometimes I calculate the exact number and price to cover costs and leave rest as free carries.

I am waiting for a blow off top in the dow and then may sell and wait to start again. who knows but having fun with no stress and making a profit from it.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.