BRN 2.33% 21.0¢ brainchip holdings ltd

I've known about Brainchip for years now and always kept half an...

1. 67 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 15
    I've known about Brainchip for years now and always kept half an eye on it.

recently I noticed that the share price had dropped considerably since I last took a serious look at it. I decided this may be an opportunity to buy however after I took a look at the annual report for 2018 and I'm absolutely blown away by executive packages. It's not even close to reasonable given the current performance of the company.

The total REVENUE ($947,989) can't even cover 50% of the BASE salaries of the executives ($1,969,533)

The CEO recieved total benefits to the tune of $4,244,534. That is madness, the CEO recieved benefits of more than 4x the total revenue of the company.

The CEO also has a severance package equal to one years base salary ($400,000) and it appears to be unconditional upon termination. So if he is booted, a new CEO would be appointed with a likely similar package. Meaning that current and previous CEO base salary would likely equal to all revenue of 2018. That's insane is it not?

it feels like the executive is getting rewarded for essentially no performance. I don't see the incentive for the CEO and executive team to perform if they are already making bank. To what I can tell so far they have not done a stellar job in getting revenue up.

The company is a relatively young company in an emerging markets so maybe I'm being harsh but as a potential investor it's extremely off putting seeing that company resources which are extremely limited are all being thrown at base wages for an underperforming executive team.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
21.0¢
Change
-0.005(2.33%)
Mkt cap ! $389.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
21.0¢ 21.5¢ 20.8¢ $610.1K 2.904M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 593140 21.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
21.5¢ 560405 10
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BRN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.