SBL 0.00% 0.1¢ signature metals limited

"To those wise or silly enough to sell/hold" - haha love that...

1. 122 Posts.
    "To those wise or silly enough to sell/hold" - haha love that opening line.

I don't have anything to add on speculation but the question I want to know is how people go into SBL in the first place? While looking at the previous posts I get the feeling that many of you did what I did... which was also breaking a premium trading rule and that is this:

SBL HYPE - I bought on tips and reports looking at the potential upside of a huge share price jump after the first gold pour and ramp up to production. I looked at the asset as undervalued compared to other miners on the ASX. I then considered that not only did they have the extra value of gold to support a price increase, they also had the manganese deposit that has gone mostly unnoticed during all evaluations thus far. I think I bought my first parcel around 3.8cents... give or take... which was when they were starting to get a lot of hype. As the price began to fall, I thought I was going to be super smart and pick up more and more shares... thinking to myself "man when they pour that gold I am going to make a bundle". I was blinded by the gold pour and didn't follow the market trends and my own simple trading rules. However, as the price was falling I was at least reducing my average holding position. Then a capital raising preceded the first gold pour which really sucked because it was going to take all the wind out of the first gold pours sails. After that, the company was in big trouble and just never recovered from both a financial and managerial perspective. The rest, as we know, is history.

So I guess what I want to know is, for those who bought SBL... did you do something similar to me? Or make similar or completely different trading mistakes?

I'm going to hold SBL shares for at least a year or two to see where it takes me. I was really close to break-even a few weeks ago after the LG hype-spike in Singapore so I figure if I'm patient I might actually see black ink. I really hope you all do too, one way or another.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SBL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.