sceptics will never win., page-61

1. 47,086 Posts.
    Ben, I have said many times here that affordable power and education are the best gifts you could give to humanity. [maybe not in those words]

The logic is as you say, but think of sub-Saharan poverty, it could make you cry. Some power to cook with would mean that they don't have to cut down every tree, destroying their mini environment, to use that little bit of wood and animal dung, destroying their health. As things improve some light at night will allow the newly educated kids to do better [they are still busy all day] and give the parents something else to do instead of breeding when they get TV.

A case could be made that those who are trying to price electricity out of people's reach are guilty of genocide.

I am willing to wager that none of the carbon taxes raised around the world has been used to build the cheapest, most reliable power stations and distribution infrastructure. At best I imagine that they have built a few "showcase" solar/wind installations which would be too small [very poor bang for the buck] and/or intermittent.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.