schapelle corby, page-394

1. 955 Posts.
    For me the important revelations (to me) were,

- Jodie Power telling Ron on the phone that 'they' had discussed doing exactly such a thing previously. Though I'm quite sure that piece of knowledge had came out before.

- The Adelaide dealer claiming to know the inside story. Plus his vaguely explained presence at the trial. There seemed to be a few obvious direct question not put to him that weren't e.g. Had you met anyone in the Corby family previously? Why were you in Bali at that time? Perhaps I missed something there.

- The gunja was styled to snuggly fit across the boogie board bag. This came from the customs officer and unfortunately doesn't have back up evidence. But taking it as gospel it does throw a lot of doubt on the claim that it was simply thrown in.

Using my own brain I come up with a few important points of note,

- If a syndicate was involved in supplying the dope, and regardless of where you side it almost certainly would have been, then there are quite a few people that know the inside word. Should just be a matter of time before we know. Perhaps when one of them is on their death bed...

- The 4.2kg would have cost a lot even here in Australia at wholesale rate. I believe around $10K was the ballpark figure thrown around (40K for sale in Bali). Before we start saying 'teenage brother' and what not we need to ask how the money would have been put together. Points to higher ups or group involvement. Or people close to the plants.

- Corby is likely between a rock and a hard place. Confess and she implicates her family and criminal identities (don't want them as enemies)... and she still does her time, though maybe less. I can understand why she'd be going nuts if that's her position.

- If they were smuggling drugs in that fashion then it would make complete sense to NOT lock the bag. Lock it with the drugs in it and you leave no doubt you did it.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.