NXS 11.1% 20.0¢ next science limited

scheme booklet, page-11

1. 1,137 Posts.
    Hi Astro,

I am in a similar position to you. My 2 cents worth is actually worth quite a bit. Having said this, I am not an expert and the last person to give financial advice.

I have already voted amd voted no. I would have held off for the NBT but at the time was unaware of their strategy in terms of voting.

This is my humble and unauthorised view. I voted no because i am of the belief that the administrator will sell the assets for more than we are currently being offered. Years ago, i invested in HWE which went into admin. We were told at the time that we would get nothing. I didnt even know what assets they had. Several years later, i am advised by the administrator that we will get about 17c per share which to me was a fabulous outcome for a company that had already been written off 100% by the taxman. It last traded inthe 50s, but its position at the time seemed a lot worse that NXs. The difference is we have great assets.

My amateur opinion is that 7 will do nothing, it will get voted down and then 7 will desperately try and cut a better deal before nXs call the receivers. Like I said, i am not an expert on authority, but I do not believe that 7 will just give up and walk away on assets that are selling for a song. Others may also move quickly resulting in a bidding war.

If 7 dont do this, i am quite confident I will get at least 2c per share from the administrators. Dont forget also that any losses are a tax write off (seek your own advice on this and anything else I say).

There is no way I Will succumb to 2 cents a share. They are playing high stakes poker and in my view are bluffing. I simply do not believe they will walk away. If they do, someone else will give me 2 cents a share or more and if I am completely and totally wrong i have a larger tax wrote off so I get back 40% or so of my additional loss through a capital loss.

You pose a grest question, and i am sure NBT have a strategy and i suspect it doesnt involve rolling over and giving the company away for 2 cents. I would be curious to hear what others have to say about this.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NXS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
20.0¢
Change
-0.025(11.1%)
Mkt cap ! $58.43M
Open High Low Value Volume
22.0¢ 22.0¢ 19.0¢ $39.77K 195.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 29999 20.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
21.0¢ 30000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NXS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.