SMN 2.47% 39.5¢ structural monitoring systems plc

Opti: "BUT it is very important that you draw up a sheet for &...

1. 4,601 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1806
    Opti: "BUT it is very important that you draw up a sheet for & against to which side you are on?"

Many thanks Opti, and your points made are definitely relevant. But this thread was more initiated by the sheer coincidence regarding PTB, and aimed towards having posters be aware of what can happen if they throw the towel in through sheer frustration.

The thread wasn't directly related to Drake, notwithstanding Drake being a central figure in the current spat. No one will ever know what Drake's future plan may be. BUT certainly to monetise so many shares means that at some point Drake needs to arrange a 'lot sale' - it can't possibly sell so many shares on market without a significant negative impact on the share price (especially in the current circumstances with SMN quite illiquid and floundering).

When i saw that 50,000 shares of SMN dumped on the market at 40 cents the other day I read that dump as a sign that some people are absolutely fed up and will dump at any price - or it may have been designed to coerce out more cheaply shares from those suffering from frustration.
    And of course many long termers, whilst they've lost opportunity cost (which is considerable) over the years, but their buy in price was very low.

With respect to my decision? Now that the AGM is 3 months away, and there may be other names shortlisted i guess I'll wait and see, and remain open minded about who will be best suited for the board.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SMN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
39.5¢
Change
-0.010(2.47%)
Mkt cap ! $54.03M
Open High Low Value Volume
40.5¢ 41.5¢ 39.5¢ $23.32K 57.39K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 35654 39.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
40.0¢ 4367 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SMN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.